Monday, November 10, 2008

Fake Friends

Fed up of the sweet smiles and faces

Stabbing your back and grinning about

Don’t care about anything but themselves

But still somehow would say that I am your friend, no doubt

Why can’t you just leave me alone

Is there any need to showoff

No need to show the world you care and moan

Since everybody know you are not that sort

Trying to pretend like a wise

The jealousy inside you is brusting out

Elucidating the greed in your eyes

Illuminating the real you inside out

I need a friend who really mean what they say

Holding on to me when good times fade

Someone like you just spoils my day

You smile only to get a good share

You got what you wanted

Were not there when I needed you

And desolated me daunted

Left me feeling blue

Now there’s no need to come back

No reason to accept you again

Don’t tell me whom to befriend and whom to sack

Don’t want to be mistreated again

Not going to get carried away

By the sugarcoated words that stray

Do get one thing crystal clear right away

I am not your prey

Can’t get in the your cusp and abide

Do bear a mind of mine

Thanks for trying to guide

But I can’t let you control my life

I won’t let such friends anymore

Because it hurts a lot

when they break your heart

And grab the power to make you cry

So its better to stay friendless than

Having them play you like a device

So you can continue your journey with the trend

To find someone and befriend

That’s all my fake friend……

-Drishya V Prabhakaran

6th October 2008

2 comments: